Visitors should be able to download the needed files directly from the website
A nine-week financial literacy course designed to teach participants to make wise choices involving their finances. The ultimate goal is to move participants toward eliminating or significantly reducing their personal debt, and/or to avoid accumulating additional debt. The FPP utilizes materials developed by Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (www.daveramsey.com) to guide participants in learning ways of handling money that are aligned with Biblical teachings. Through instructional videos, class discussions, and interactive small group activities, the FPP presents practical steps to show participants how to get rid of debt, manage their money, spend and save wisely, and begin to build their personal wealth.
A 45-day financial literacy course designed to teach high school students how to win with money, and changing their perspective at how they look at money forever. The students will be empowered, equipped and entertained while building confidence in their own financial decision-making. This FPP utilizes materials developed by Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance (www.daveramsey.com) to guide participants in learning ways of handling money that are aligned with Biblical teachings. The ultimate goal is to move participants toward avoiding getting into debt.
Helps selected adult graduates to achieve their goals of total financial freedom by providing financial assistance designed to eliminate a portion of their unsecured debt. We see this component of the program as critical for several reasons. Debt relief on the scale provided by TKLF and in the context of the Financial Peace Program helps individuals to truly put what they have learned into practice. Having a portion of their debt relieved allows them to focus on other program components that they have learned, such as opening a savings account and making regular contributions, paying down other debts, etc.
- Must be an active church member that pays tithes faithfully (must validate).
- Must provide via mail or email an itemized list of debt desired to be eliminated via Excel template (Click here to download).
- Foundation will pay debt directly to vendors.
- Must provide via mail or email a detailed explanation of why second chance is desired via Word template. (Click here to download) (i.e. what will applicant do with expense relief?).
- Pledge to give back to foundation so we can assist the next individual/household and become a member of the foundation for duration of the pledge.
Note: This is a one-time event as the foundation will help (provide a new beginning) an individual/household only once via this program.